Organic traffic had stagnated and remained at more or less the same level for 19 months. The challenge was to attract more visitors to the Snov blog at various stages of the buying cycle. From high-traffic top of the funnel terms to high-converting bottom of the funnel buyer keywords.
Snovio operates in the awfully competitive Marketing Software space, going toe-to-toe with rivals like Mailshake, Voila Norbert and Uplead.
To take their content marketing to the next level, Snovio went back to the drawing board and executed the following strategy:
- Identified the intent behind existing and future target search terms and adjusted content accordingly to match.
- Analysed SERPs to identify more search terms to rank for existing content. This contributed to a huge increase in the average keyword spread of blog posts.
- Creating detailed, long-form pillar and supporting content pieces for every stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Creating content that would attract links naturally.
The above isn’t an exhaustive list but covers the main pillars that contributed to their growth. Snovio increased their referring domain count by over 4,000 in the space of 12 months. This was through a combination of efforts, from referral programs to natural links and outreach.
The links came from a variety of sources:
- Organic links that writers naturally find and link to. For example, this piece on email marketing statistics has attracted over 400 referring domains alone.
- High DR guest-post links.
- International links from non-English websites (Snovio targets international markets like China, Brazil and Ukraine).
- Image links in UGC content and guest-posts.
- A sales glossary that provides definitions and explanations for common marketing terms. This attracted more natural links and made it easy for the Snovio team to find places to insert links in niche edits and guest-posts.
- Link from comparison posts and review posts from bloggers.
We helped Snovio find link-building opportunities in relevant niches to their brand, helping to secure high-quality editorial placements relating to blog content across their customer buying cycle.
When the Snovio team joined us back in August 2020, they were pulling in around 36,000 visitors to their site per month. At the time of writing this, Snovio is now doing over 105,000 visitors per month. This means that Snovio became a much bigger company within 2 years, adding a CRM to their toolset, increasing their workforce, and creating more helpful content. We’re happy to have such a strong player on board with us!
A combination of smart on-page changes and well-executed, quality-focused off-page strategies has taken this SAAS brand to new heights.