Organic traffic had stagnated and remained at more or less the same level for 19 months. The challenge was to attract more visitors to the Snov blog at various stages of the buying cycle. From high-traffic top of the funnel terms to high-converting bottom of the funnel buyer keywords.
Snovio operates in the awfully competitive Marketing Software space, going toe-to-toe with rivals like Mailshake, Voila Norbert and Uplead.
To take their content marketing to the next level, Snovio went back to the drawing board and executed the following strategy:
- Identified the intent behind existing and future target search terms and adjusted content accordingly to match.
- Analysed SERPs to identify more search terms to rank for existing content. This contributed to a huge increase in the average keyword spread of blog posts.
- Creating detailed, long-form pillar and supporting content pieces for every stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Creating content that would attract links naturally.
- Promoted the content like hell through various link-building initiatives.
The above isn’t an exhaustive list but covers the main pillars that contributed to their growth. On the link-building side specifically, Snovio went all-out, increasing their referring domain count by 4000 over the last 12 months.
The links came from a variety of sources:
- Organic links that writers naturally find and link to. For example, this piece on email marketing statistics has attracted over 400 referring domains alone.
- High DR guest-post links.
- International links from non-English websites (Snovio targets international markets like Russia, China, Brazil and Ukraine).
- Image links in UGC content and guest-posts.
- A sales glossary that provides definitions and explanations for common marketing terms. This attracted more natural links and made it easy for the Snovio team to find places to insert links in niche edits and guest-posts.
- Link from comparison posts and review posts from bloggers.
We helped Snovio forge many of the partnerships that have led to their seismic growth. Our contribution to their link-building campaigns consisted of high DR guest-post links (contextual, image and more) and brand mentions on some of the top sites in the marketing industry. This formed a key pillar of the teams link-building strategy.
When the Snovio team joined us back in August 2020, they were pulling in around 36,000 visitors to their site per month. At the time of writing this, Snovio is now doing over 105,000 visitors per month.
A combination of smart on-page changes and well-executed, quality-focused off-page strategies has taken this SAAS brand to new heights.