At the start of Six ads’ campaign they were pulling in less than 500 visitors per month and their domain was relatively fresh from an SEO standpoint with less than 400 referring domains. Their goal was to rank for a variety of short-tail as well as long-tail terms across different stages of the buying cycle. From high-traffic informational terms to low-traffic buyer keywords.
The advertising and marketing space for SEO is extremely competitive. As a result, Six ads had their work cut out to rank for their target terms, a majority of which are categorised as hard in the ahrefs keyword difficulty scale.
We asked Six ads a few questions on their content marketing strategy and they answered as follows:
1. What on and off-page strategies have you been implementing to get your traffic to where it is now?
– website redesign.
– improved website tech requirements (speed, web core vitals, implemented schema markups and etc).
– we were working with internal linking.
– we were working on existing content optimization and new content publishing.
– updated our site navigation, improved our site architecture.
– we were trying to get backlinks only on very high quality contextual relevant domains.
– we were forming partnerships with contextual relevant websites, which shares a similar audience as we do, so that we could help each other with link building.
– we formed partnerships with freelancers and service providers, like Growth Partners, so that we could acquire more backlinks.
2. What is your content marketing strategy generally?
We were using this model to create content on our site:
We were targeting not only long-tail keywords. For us, it was important to choose main pillars and create content (clusters), which covers different topics in-depth.
Also, we have been using a content calendar to plan our content ahead, and we were publishing ~10 blog posts per month.
3. What was the most challenging aspect of growing your organic search presence?
It was not so hard. What we already know, that SEO does not happen overnight, you have to be persistent and if you are, you are going to see the results sooner or later.
4. How has Growth Partners helped you achieve your targets?
Growth Partners have helped us to obtain backlinks, where otherwise we probably won’t have the ability to obtain it. Also, we did not have to worry about a lot of additional things (outreach, follow-ups, content pitching, content creation and etc), so Growth Partners have helped us to obtain backlinks really efficiently.
Six ads combined two of our services (high DR guest posts and herd links) as part of their larger link-building strategy. This combination proved powerful in building a strong, diversified — “natural” link profile. As mentioned above, our services were used in combination with other content partnerships to help Six ads reach their monthly link targets.
When the Six ads team joined us back in December 2020, they were pulling in around 219 visitors per month according to ahrefs. At the time of writing this, they are now doing over 183,000 visits per month.
This is an unbelievable 83,461% growth in traffic for the business since December 2020. Throughout their campaign, we helped Six ads land links from some of the most authoritative sites on the web. Six ads were also extremely savvy in forming multiple partnerships that contributed to scaling the amount of links they could land per month.
Overall, this result is a great example of what can be achieved when content and SEO are planned strategically from the ground-up, taking all factors into account. Six ads’ winning strategic formula, coupled with support from excellent partners has helped them reach and vastly surpass their goals for SEO.